Sergio Photographer Blogito, Scottsdale Wedding Photographer, Tucson, Phoenix » Blog

Masthead header

EMILY AND MATT’S WEDDING

Emily and Matt are total badasses!! I love them! I had so much fun working with them because they completely embraced the concept of allowing an artist freedom to create. There are two ingredients for great wedding photography: the first is that the couple has fun with each other and the second is that they love and appreciate their photographer. Emily and Matt were absolutely perfect to work with.

When I first met Emily and Matt; they were accompanied by Emily’s parents Bob and Li. It was a pleasure talking to all of them about the wedding plans and what I could do for them. From the start they told me that Emily and Matt were going to be out of town and that Bob and Li would be doing all the planning. When I hear about parents taking on the full job of planning a wedding; I always get a little concerned because I know how overwhelming it can be. I was just worried about their sanity :-).

We had the opportunity to meet a few more times after that and Bob and Li just blew me away with their calmness, organization and overall happiness. They are now on my wall of fame as the best BPUs (Bridal Parental Units) ever.

Venue Hotel Valley Ho
Make-up by Sarah Sanmarco
Floral and A/V by Avant Garde Studio
Officiant: Father Ron Poston
Cake: La Dolce Pesca PJ
Reception Music: Desert House Productions, DJ Dave and Drea

I had the great pleasure having Dexter Lo of Dexter Lo Photography fly in from San Diego to be my second photographer; he did a great job. I also want to thank Oscar Morales for assisting me with the assembly of the Badass Booth and also for getting some great shots as a third shooter..

Emily’s shoes

Valley Ho Hotel Wedding Photos

Valley Ho Hotel Wedding Photos

Valley Ho Hotel Wedding Photos

I love this shot of Matt by Dexter Lo:

Valley Ho Hotel Wedding Photos

Emily on her way to see Matt for the first time that day:

Valley Ho Hotel Wedding Photos

Photo by Dexter Lo:

Photo by Dexter Lo:

The Valley Ho hosts a great pool party every Saturday and these two girls wandered by and were caught up in the emotion of the wedding day:

Photo by Oscar Morales:

Photo by Oscar  Morales

Photo by Oscar Morales:

Photo by Dexter Lo:

Bob and Li requested a special showing of the wedding images from the day for the guests to see during the reception:

The debut of the Badass Booth:

Emily had too much of her shoes by the end of the night:

Nice shot of the Valley Ho by Dexter Lo:

Comments

comments

26 comments

teresa vigil - WOW! i been mia and very terrrible for me, i went to your site to feel the love and I sure did, LOVE THEM!!! my favorite your goign to kill me is the formal with the ladies, Freaking classic David lynchie :0 So love these all the one bw in the celebration part- wow.September 9, 2010 – 5:41 pm

Kelly - Wow-so beautiful! I love this couple and I have never met them. You are so unbelievably good at what you do Sergio!September 4, 2010 – 10:10 pm

jess - looove your style!
great stuff!May 25, 2010 – 7:01 pm

John Heil - DUDE. so amazing. you never seize to blow my mind.May 19, 2010 – 7:35 pm

Gloria Mesa - Holy Mother of God!!!! What a wedding!!

Fabulous nothing more!!!!! As BADASS as it could get..

Hugs,

GloriaMay 12, 2010 – 7:30 pm

Jerzy Modrak - Woooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!! These pics are as badass as one can get. I love the 2 cigar photos. Film noir at its best. In the 1st one Matt looks like Zbigniew Cybulski in Andrzej(honorary Oscar 2000) Wajda’s “Ashes and Diamonds”. The image before is just smashing – the guy on the right – what expression of the face? I also love the portrait with the shadow and two hands.May 12, 2010 – 6:27 am

Veronica Hernandez - You are far BEYOND good Sergio!! You are badass!!!May 7, 2010 – 11:17 am

teresa - lOVE IT ESPECIALLY the one where they have their face looking in opposite directions- you never hear me ever say this but….I love photojournalism when it you behind the camera. 10/10 every time.May 6, 2010 – 3:00 pm

ERIC VELADO - AMAAAZING BADASS!!May 6, 2010 – 10:07 am

Dexter Lo - So incredible. Your coverage really help relive how joyful & badass Matt and Emily (and their guests) were!May 5, 2010 – 2:02 pm

Kim Calakoutis - Awesomeness as always!May 5, 2010 – 1:02 pm

anahi navarro - wow sergio ! Im in awe ! this is a great coverage…very inspiring mr. badass! ;)May 5, 2010 – 8:27 am

Gerhard - Great photo’s Sergio. You are great!!!May 5, 2010 – 12:50 am

Sarah Sanmarco - Sergio is the Only one who can get away with the title of
“Bad-ASS Photographer” Holy WOW!! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU MAN!!May 5, 2010 – 12:45 am

fer juaristi - Sergio, this is what I called PERSONALITY ON EVERY FREAKING IMAGE!
Love it buddy.May 4, 2010 – 4:16 am

Patricia - Sergio. Your photographs make me smile, laugh and cry (in a good way!) while reliving these tender,loving and badass moments! You are the ultimate photographer!May 3, 2010 – 9:53 pm

Christina Hines - Amazingly artistic and creative!! The best wedding photos I have EVER viewed!!May 3, 2010 – 2:08 pm

Sol Tamargo - BADASSSSS!!! Love the portraits + PJ Awesome moments.. :)May 3, 2010 – 8:43 am

Marco Correa - Awesomeness Sergio! Great coverage, first one is simply great!May 3, 2010 – 8:17 am

Fernando Cañas - Otro gran trabajo,con la CLASE y MAESTRÍA a la que nos tienes acostumbrados.Dentro de una década estaremos a tu nivel.Un abrazo.May 3, 2010 – 7:05 am

The Eric Graf - You deserve 15 yrs to life in prison. You killed it!May 3, 2010 – 7:00 am

Robert - Simply…is amazing pics¡¡May 3, 2010 – 7:00 am

Linda Crayton - Wow! The entire series is a stunning. Perfect!May 3, 2010 – 6:47 am

Milla Chappell - Sergio your work is really, really amazing. You totally rocked this wedding… awesome work!! (I particularly love the girls in bathing suits HAHA!)May 3, 2010 – 6:45 am

Daniel Aguilar - Wait, I need to put my jaw back on it’s place, it’s waaaay down the floor. What a post dude. WOW!May 3, 2010 – 6:41 am

Kym Ventola - THESE ARE GORGEOUS! Totally and completely amazing!May 3, 2010 – 6:33 am

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

Back to top|Contact me|