AMERICAN PHOTO MAGAZINE 2012 WORLD’S TOP 10 WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS

The two most wild and audacious goals I set for myself early on in my professional career were for my mom to name me, “best photographer in the world” and to be listed on American Photo Magazine’s Top Ten Wedding Photographers in the World. The former I achieved just a few years ago and it was not easy; my mom definitely made me work for it. :) The latter was more of a dream and I had no expectations of it being realized any time soon, if ever!!!

Normally, I don’t like to brag a lot about my photography awards and achievements (except for my mom’s) but for this I’ll make another exception.  ;)  This is my hugest goal achieved!!!!  I’ve did it!!!!  It is such an honor to be a member of this awesome selection of photographers.

AAANNNDDD, not only did I make the list, but American Photo chose my photo for the freaking cover!!!  I nearly peed my pants when I saw the digital copy and I don’t think I’ll ever tire of looking at it.

Big thank you to American Photo Magazine for choosing me and for putting my photo on the cover.  I also need to thank Aimee Baldridge for her fantastic interviewing skills.  I talked with her a couple of times and I love how she pulled it all together for the magazine. Thanks to my mama and all of my friends and family who have supported me in doing what I love.  In my photographic community and with my clients I am known as Sergio Photographer, or just Sergio.  For the magazine I used my last name because I want my mom to know that she was right and I want both my mom and my dad to be proud of me while they show the magazine to their friends.

Now as Jay-Z says, “I’m on to the next one.”  :)

Comments

comments

• Daniel Aguilar - Inspiring in so many levels friend :)May 2, 2012 – 7:33 pmReplyCancel

• Citlalli Rico - So happy for you Sergio! So so so well deserved!!May 2, 2012 – 8:31 pmReplyCancel

• Rudy - Well deserved my friend, congrats!May 2, 2012 – 9:25 pmReplyCancel

• jex flores - que inspiracion tan grande haz provocado en tantos y tantos fotografos alomejor muchos no nos atrevemos o mas bien nos privamos de escribirte, hoy me di el gusto por hacerlo, conosco a muchos que te admiran y ven tu blog cada semana, te siguen frecuentando por que eres un gran fuente de inspiración, no te conosco en persona, pero espero un dia poder hacerlo, de verdad felicidades, grandes fotos las tuyas, y bien merecido estar en esa portada y revista…adelante..May 2, 2012 – 9:41 pmReplyCancel

• Kip Beelman - Incredible honor for an honorable man. Kudos Sergio… You are an inspiration to so many.May 2, 2012 – 10:20 pmReplyCancel

• Carina - Congratulations!!May 2, 2012 – 10:39 pmReplyCancel

• Jan Garcia - Congratulations!!! I really cannot think of anyone else more deserving. So talented, genuine and kind. You are an inspiration to us all!May 3, 2012 – 12:35 amReplyCancel

• Philippe Wiget - So well deserved, Sergio!
    Almost couldn’t stop laughing about the peeing your pant’s. That’s badass as well;-)May 3, 2012 – 1:00 amReplyCancel

• inku - Congratulations, Sergio!May 3, 2012 – 1:26 amReplyCancel

• Thiago Okimoto - Sooo happy for you!!! Amazing work!!!!! Really deserved!!!! Congratss!!!May 3, 2012 – 2:32 amReplyCancel

• B&W Photography - Congratulations!May 3, 2012 – 3:06 amReplyCancel

• Kristi Odom - A big congratulations!!! You are an inspiration!May 3, 2012 – 3:45 amReplyCancel

• Kate - Sergio, I love you man! You are the most badass and awesome guy, with the most spectacularly cool work, and it is an incredible honor to know you. I am so excited for you, and feel they couldn’t have chosen a more deserving photographer. :)May 3, 2012 – 6:02 amReplyCancel

• Shane - Sergio, I’m so happy for you! I can’t think of anyone more deserving.May 3, 2012 – 10:41 amReplyCancel

• Marco Correa - Sergio, huge fan of your work, CONGRATS on this one!May 3, 2012 – 10:49 amReplyCancel

• Olivia Brown - YAY!!!!! Sergio!! So well-deserved. You are badass talent and class rolled into one. My warmest congratulations mi amigo!!May 3, 2012 – 11:23 amReplyCancel

• nick t - awesome. I am totally happy for you. You deserve it. It couldn’t happen to a nicer person.May 3, 2012 – 11:32 amReplyCancel

• Susana Barberá - Qué grande Sergio!! So proud and happy for you!! I still have that picture of the veil you gave me close to my computer and i keep looking at it and asking for advice :) Eres Grandeee!! Estoyyy muy muy muyy FELIZ :)May 3, 2012 – 3:36 pmReplyCancel

• Gulnara - What a great story! You are the most passionate photographer I have known and it shows in your work. Congratulations!!! So proud of you!May 3, 2012 – 8:15 pmReplyCancel

• Michelle Kunzelmann - You are a legend & a friend :)
    Let your talent continue to shine Sergio!
    <3May 3, 2012 – 11:15 pmReplyCancel

• R. J. kern - Well done! Now I can say I knew you before you went big time!!! Kudos on a well-deserved accolade!May 4, 2012 – 8:25 amReplyCancel

• Jenny Hileman - So excited for you to photograph our wedding in September!! WAY TO GO, SERGIO!!

JennyMay 4, 2012 – 5:27 pmReplyCancel

• Julie Weisberg - Way to go! So deserved!May 8, 2012 – 9:40 amReplyCancel

• sergio - Thank you all so, so much from the bottom of my heart. I am so happy!May 13, 2012 – 11:30 pmReplyCancel

• damon - yeahhhh men ! the best !May 14, 2012 – 12:39 amReplyCancel

• Mark Andrew - Congratulations!May 14, 2012 – 7:45 amReplyCancel

• Jenna Shouldice - So so so so so well deserved. Very excited for you Sergio! And even more excited for your mama!May 27, 2012 – 10:59 pmReplyCancel

• andrew - yes. a three letter word, that you deserve, YES.

!!!!! congratulations, Sergio :) :) ;)June 2, 2012 – 12:56 amReplyCancel

• andrey perepelitsa - congratulations!!!June 14, 2012 – 1:38 pmReplyCancel

• Martins Kikulis - Congratulations! You are an amazing photographer and this is well deserved Sergio!June 25, 2012 – 5:13 pmReplyCancel

• David Josué - So proud my friend! this is my favorite cover of American PhotoJuly 2, 2012 – 9:09 pmReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

Back to top|Contact me|