7 students max
$950 per student
The aim of the BADASS class is to provide students with the technical and practical knowledge needed to discover and create powerful, emotional and badass images.
“I learned so much about such different areas of my business, seeing light, using light, composition, patience, flash usage, business skills, website perfection!” – Sherry Pickerell
- Day One
- Photography (head, eye and heart): Make your photos more powerful; full of passion, life and emotion. Learn more about the elements needed to make a good photo, inside yourself and inside your frame. Learn how to capture moments in 3 steps.
“The badass class will change the way you look at your images, the way you shoot and the way you approach every moment in a wedding and your life. It is like day and night.” – Julio Rivera
- Critique session 1 of 2: ½ of student’s work will be critiqued. (10-15 minutes each): We will look individually at where you are succeeding and identify the limitations that are preventing you from making the images that you know you can make.
- Marketing: We will pinpoint your target clients and we will work to design your filter to better attract and maintain the connections that will make your business distinguished and resolute.
“I really feel like my career as a photographer started once I completed your class.” – Tim Galdunick
- Website impact assessment (for every student): We will make sure that every aspect of your site is functioning to make the correct cohesive impact on your prospective clients.
- How we work (what we look for): Real life from a raw perspective. How to move past boring and ordinary. How to get real moments all day long. Our approach to style.
“My photography is forever changed because of what I learned from Sergio and Kelly.” – Erin Johnson
- Students in action session 1of 2: Students will be challenged to shoot different wedding scenarios (set up by Sergio + Kelly) using what they’ve learned in the class. Each student will be supervised and coached by Sergio and Kelly. Students will apply the 3 steps.
“I was able to learn techniques that might have taken me years to figure out on my own in only 2 days.” – Sally Butler
- Extended discussion
- Critique session 2 of 2: The remaining student’s work will be critiqued. (10-15 minutes each): We will look individually at where you are succeeding and identify the limitations that are preventing you from making the images that you know you can make.
“The Class has DEF changed the way I look at shooting and posing and composition!!” – Adam Kennedy
- Students in action session 2 of 2: Kelly and Sergio will work with students practicing challenging situations in the field.
- Flash theory: How flash really works to get the results you are looking for each and every time. 2 step system.
- Flash demonstration: How to use flash to capture life in an interesting way. How to light naturally, powerfully and dynamically.
“Thank you both for giving me the tools and understanding to CREATE good light no matter what the circumstance. With every wedding I grow in badassedness.” – Shelley Paulson
- Supervised student flash practice (team challenges): Identify your weaknesses and master them.
- More supervised student flash practice (team challenges)
- Reception flash demonstration: Sergio and Kelly in action followed by students in action session.
- Extended discussion
Each day starts at 9:00 and goes until at least 8 PM, usually much later. It is intense.
Students pay their own meals. In order to maximize time we will order and eat on location.
Each student should bring a camera (or two), their two favorite lenses, a flash, a light stick and a remote trigger.
Students should bring warm clothes, as Sergio likes to turn down the AC as low as it goes.
The Badass class will provide students with unlimited post-workshop follow-up through private Facebook groups.
Workshop fee is non refundable and transferrable at the discretion of Sergio Photographer and Kelly Rashka.
Any questions? email@example.com